9 Reasons to Buy the TIMP PEAK
- Built off the La Sal Peak mountain bike, providing a solid foundation for performance.
- Comes with 170mm travel on a low-slung, Shimano-powered eMTB chassis and a carbon fiber frame, offering durability and efficiency.
- Equipped with Shimano's top-level EP8 motor systems, with custom tuning for optimal performance.
- Accommodates a standard water bottle inside the front triangular frame, ensuring hydration during rides.
- Lightweight at 50.7lbs, making it one of the lightest bikes in its category.
- Short chainstay provides a nimble and snappy feeling in tight corners.
- Long wheelbase and slack headtube angle offer stability.
- Improved geometry and suspension for a better riding experience.
- Reasonable price range starting from $5,000 for a frameset.
2 Reasons Not to Buy the TIMP PEAK
- May not behave like the typical enduro ebike, which could be a downside for those looking for a more familiar riding experience.
- The higher-end build can reach up to $8,000, which may not fit everyone's budget.
The Timp Peak is a high-performance eMTB that combines the durability and efficiency of a carbon fiber frame with the power of Shimano's EP8 motor system. With its nimble handling, stable ride, and improved geometry, this bike delivers an exceptional riding experience. Plus, its lightweight build and inclusion of a water bottle holder make it perfect for those long rides. While it may not cater to those seeking a more familiar enduro eBike experience and the higher-end builds can be pricey, the Timp Peak offers great value for riders looking for a top-of-the-line electric mountain bike.