11 Reasons to Buy the G4i
- Ultra-light design thanks to the carbon fiber frame.
- Clean and futuristic-looking design.
- Front and rear hydraulic disk brakes.
- Patented folding system for quick storage.
- The proprietary G4 motor is one of the best ebike motors on the market.
- The increased range over the G4 (10 miles).
- Integrated charging port.
- Better battery levels and battery charges than the G4.
- Unmatched handling from proprietary suspension and frame.
- Innovative cockpit for a comfortable riding position.
- Reflective tires for increased visibility and safety.
3 Reasons Not to Buy the G4i
- Wheels suffer from the same puncture vulnerabilities as the G4.
- Significantly more expensive than the G4, which is already an excellent ebike.
- LED is more expressive than the G4, but still relatively spartan for the price of the bike.
Gocycle makes some of the best urban commuter ebikes on the market. The price of the G4i, however, is the notable weak point. It can be tempting to splurge on an ultra-premium product and if it falls within your budget, you should seriously consider it. That being said, the G4 is equally as good (if you don't mind a very slight engine hum) and for several thousand less. If you don't feel like fully stretching your budget, the G4 is an equally excellent option.