Specialized Turbo Tero 5.0
10 Reasons to Buy the Turbo Tero 5.0
- The Turbo Tero 5.0 is an adaptable bike that can suit your needs, whatever they may be.
- There are several areas of the bike designated for rack mounts – a bonus that is especially appealing if you plan to use this bike more for commuting and transportation.
- With Specialized's Mission Control app, you can choose between three pedal assist modes – Eco, Trail, and Turbo – to determine how much help you get from the bike.
- On the bike's display, you can monitor everything from battery percentage and riding time to calories burned and altitude gained and lost.
- This e-bike seamlessly switches modes as you ride and shifting is impressively smooth.
- The Turbo Tero 5.0 is available in four sizes to accommodate riders of all sizes.
- With this electric bike, you can ride for 60 plus miles on a full battery.
- The dropper seatpost makes it easy to drop the seat anytime you need to stop and place your feet on the ground.
- The Turbo Tero 5.0 is rated to pull a thru-axle trailer and is child seat compatible, giving you the ability to pull all the extra gear or kids you want.
- The Turbo Tero 5.0 steers like a hardtail which makes quick transitions easy.
3 Reasons Not to Buy the Turbo Tero 5.0
- The Turbo Tero 5.0 comes with a steep price tag – not everyone can afford the hefty $5,000 it takes to own one.
- The tubeless ready Ground Control tires are loud and aggressive – great for trails, but not ideal for riders who plan on spending a fair amount of time on asphalt and who would prefer a smoother ride.
- The Turbo Tero 5.0 isn't the ideal e-bike for more technical trails.
The Turbo Tero 5.0 is a versatile bike with enough extra muscle to make easier work out of even the most treacherous mountain bike experience. The Mission Control app gives you complete control over your ride and with three modes to choose from, the Turbo Tero 5.0 truly is a remarkable, adaptable utility e-bike. It just comes down to whether you're willing (and able) to pay the price.