Trek FX+ 2
Updated: November, 2023
Expert ReviewsRead Reviews >
Picture this: you're a city cyclist weaving through busy streets, effortlessly zooming past cars stuck in traffic. You pedal up a steep hill with ease, gliding along like it's nothing. You arrive at your destination feeling fresh and invigorated, not sweaty and exhausted. This is the magic of the Trek FX+ 2 eBike. At Ride Review, we've scoured the web to bring you an overview of this remarkable electric bike. Experts and riders alike have praised its performance, design, and versatility. One standout feature of the FX+ 2 is the Hyena Rider Assistant app. This intuitive app optimizes the bike's performance to meet your specific needs, ensuring a personalized riding experience. And don't worry about sacrificing the feel of a traditional bicycle - the rear hub motor is so quiet that you'll barely notice it, giving you a natural ride with an added boost. The PAS system (Pedal Assist System) is another winning aspect of this eBike. With three optimized settings, you have noticeable variation in assistance, allowing you to tailor your ride to your desired level of exertion. Whether you're commuting or going for a leisurely cruise, the FX+ 2 has you covered. Safety is also a top priority with the FX+ 2. The 120-lumen headlamp offers excellent visibility, while the fenders keep you dry during wet conditions. The hydraulic disc brakes perform well in heavy rain, ensuring consistent stopping power no matter the weather. Plus, the loud bell ensures that other riders and pedestrians are aware of your presence for added safety. But it's not all about functionality - the FX+ 2 is aesthetically pleasing as well. With its sleek design, four sizes, and three color options, you're sure to find a style that suits you. And at just 40 lbs, this eBike is incredibly lightweight, making handling and maneuverability a breeze. While the Trek FX+ 2 has received glowing reviews, there are a few minor drawbacks to consider. The use of a regular chain may require more maintenance compared to some higher-end eBikes with low-maintenance carbon belt drives. Additionally, the bike's derailleur may need occasional adjustments to keep your shifting in top shape. Although the assist system is relatively simple and doesn't automatically predict and adjust assistance levels like some advanced eBikes, it still provides a fantastic riding experience. And while the fully internal battery pack can only be replaced by a trained technician, the range extender battery system offers an impressive range of up to 70 miles. In summary, if you're a city cyclist looking to enhance your riding experience while maintaining the core elements of traditional biking, the Trek FX+ 2 should certainly be on your radar. It offers a smooth ride, easy handling, and a clean design that will turn heads on the streets. While the price may be a factor for some, the enjoyment you'll get from this eBike makes it well worth the investment. So hop on the FX+ 2 and ride into a new world of urban exploration.
11 Reasons to Buy the Trek FX+ 2 eBike
- The Hyena Rider Assistant app optimizes the bike's performance to meet your needs.
- The bike's rear hub motor is quiet so you can enjoy a natural ride that feels like a traditional bicycle with an added boost.
- The PAS system has three optimized settings that provide noticeable variation in assistance.
- The 120-lumen headlamp offers excellent visibility and the fenders help you stay dry in wet conditions.
- The kickstand mount keeps the bike upright and accessible, making it easy to grab and go.
- The hydraulic disc brakes perform well even in heavy rain, ensuring consistent stopping power in various weather conditions.
- The rear rack mount lets you easily transport items while commuting or running errands.
- The loud bell ensures you can alert other riders or pedestrians to your presence for added safety.
- It’s incredibly lightweight at just 40 lbs for effortless handling and maneuverability.
- It comes in four sizes and three color options.
- It has a range of 70 miles with the range extender battery system.
6 Reasons Not to Buy the Trek FX+ 2 eBike
- It uses a regular chain, which may need more maintenance compared to the low-maintenance carbon belt drives on some high-end eBikes.
- The bike's derailleur may need occasional adjustments to keep your shifting in tip-top shape.
- The assist system is relatively simple, so it doesn’t automatically predict and adjust assistance levels like some advanced eBikes do.
- The fully internal battery pack can only be replaced by a trained technician.
- The LED display for battery status and pedal assist mode feels outdated compared to modern LCDs.
- The lack of quick-release wheels requires tools for their removal.
The Trek FX+ 2 class 1 eBike is a simple and efficient option. While not the most affordable, this lightweight city electric bike delivers a reliable ride for everyday use and daily errands without unnecessary features.
Reviews of the Trek FX+ 2
Subscribe to Ride Review
Sign up for free for the Ride Review Newsletter - the world's largest newsletter about small electric vehicles - and have chances to win our electric bike and scooter giveaways. Trusted by over 60,000 riders around the world.