Average Expert Score
11 Reasons to Buy the Renault Twizy 80
- It comes in metallic paint that looks great in the sunlight, and its carbon-look dash pod and roof will give your car a sporty appearance.
- The raised central driving position offers great visibility and plenty of space to move your legs.
- A digital screen shows your speed, range, and charge. It also provides real-time feedback on energy consumption through brakes or acceleration.
- The tiny turning circle makes it easy to maneuver in tight spaces and park in the smallest parking spots.
- The responsive steering allows you to make sharp turns. This feature is especially useful when driving in crowded areas or on narrow roads.
- The interior is designed to be as minimalistic as possible, but still comfortable enough to make short commutes feel like just another day on the road.
- The low center of gravity provides stability and handling that is ideal for city driving.
- This microcar turns heads as it saunters down the streets. If you like to flaunt your style and be noticed, the Twizy 80 is perfect for you.
- Three simple buttons (Drive, Reverse, and Neutral) allow you to operate the Renault Twizy.
- It features two glove boxes on the dashboard. You get a 31-liter storage compartment under the rear seat that can hold some groceries or your laptop.
- The battery pack doesn't have to be leased anymore.
5 Reasons Not to Buy the Renault Twizy 80
- Although the handling is good on smooth roads, the microcar lacks stability around corners.
- There are no doors or windows in the vehicle's standard design. You can buy them separately to protect yourself from outdoor elements.
- The storage compartment is slightly tricky to open and close. Unfortunately, it has a piddly lock that thieves can easily bypass.
- One of the glove boxes is not lockable.
- The passenger seat isn't comfortable.
The Renault Twizy isn't your typical car. It combines the comfort of a small quadricycle with the ruggedness and utility of a scooter. It has a windscreen, wipers, and indicators, to make your drive safe and easy. You can also buy add-ons to customize your vehicle. The Twizy is definitely a viable mode of transport, but it's not without some drawbacks. It may be suitable for city commuters, but the high price tag will put off some potential buyers.