12 Reasons to Buy Vvolt Alpha Ebike
- The Alpha is available in two sizes (S/M and L/XL) to accommodate a variety of riders and body types.
- Offers five levels of pedal assist.
- The Gates belt drive means you'll never have to worry about greasing chains or gears.
- Features Radius hydraulic brakes, which are more powerful than traditional mechanical brakes.
- The battery is removable, so you can charge it at home or on the go.
- The VVolt Alpha ebike has ergonomic grips that ensure the most comfortable ride possible.
- You can pair your bike with VVolt’s phone app for more perks.
- It comes 97% assembled, so you can start riding right away.
- The USB port allows you to charge your phone.
- The VVolt Alpha is super lightweight (44 to 46 pounds).
- Has three years of warranty coverage against manufacturer’s defects.
- It's equipped with a Bluetooth function that lets you pair your phone with the bike and manage your ride with the app.
4 Reasons Not to Buy Vvolt Alpha Ebike
- There are no integrated lights. You have to attach the front and rear lights separately.
- The VVolt Alpha e-bike has no throttle.
- Off-brand parts can mean lower quality.
- While most ebikes have multiple gears, this one only has one.
The Volt Alpha is a definite contender in the Class 1 urban ebike category. This ebike brings lots to the table for a bargain price, making it easy to overlook its only real issue: the lack of a throttle. Though it's only as fast as you pedal, this is unlikely to dissuade most city commuters.