Kaabo Mantis Pro
Updated: September, 2023
Expert ReviewsRead Reviews >
When it comes to electric scooters, finding the perfect balance of speed, range, portability, and functionality can be a challenge. But fear not, because we at Ride Review have scoured the web and come across a top contender that checks all the boxes: the Kaabo Mantis Pro. Let's kick things off with its impressive top speed of 40mph (64km/h). Whether you're zipping through city streets or cruising along your favorite bike path, the Mantis Pro's speed is sure to keep up with your need for adventure. And don't worry about sudden stops throwing you off balance—the Mantis Pro features a best-in-class hydraulic braking system with an anti-lock braking system (ABS) to ensure a smooth and safe ride every time. Portability is also a key factor to consider when choosing an electric scooter, and the Mantis Pro delivers. Despite weighing in at 65 pounds, it's surprisingly easy to carry around thanks to its durable folding mechanism. Need to store it in a tight space or transport it in the trunk of your car? No problem, the Mantis Pro has got you covered. Speaking of convenience, the MiniMotors EY3 display on the Mantis Pro provides important information at a glance. From your current speed to your battery level, you'll always be in the know. Plus, the deck lighting adds a cool touch, illuminating the scooter from the front, back, and sides for added visibility and style. But what about comfort? That's where the front and rear spring arm suspension on the Mantis Pro comes in. Even on rough terrain, you'll feel like you're floating on air, making your ride as smooth as can be. Now, let's address a few drawbacks. Unfortunately, the Mantis Pro isn't waterproof, so riding through mud or puddles may leave you susceptible to a not-so-pleasant spray. Additionally, it doesn't come with a locking mechanism for security, so you'll need to purchase one separately. And if you plan on riding at night, you'll also need to invest in a separate headlight for safety. Lastly, let's talk about range. The Mantis Pro boasts an impressive ride time of over 45 miles on a single charge, but keep in mind that the LG battery can take quite some time to fully charge, ranging from 13 to 16 hours. In summary, the Kaabo Mantis Pro is a top-tier electric scooter that strikes the perfect balance between power, range, weight, and functionality. With its impressive top speed, durable folding mechanism, and best-in-class hydraulic braking system, it's a reliable companion for your daily commute or weekend adventures. However, make sure to take note of its lack of waterproofing, the need for additional security measures, and the longer charging time. Overall, the Mantis Pro is a well-rounded option that is sure to please even the most discerning riders.
10 Reasons to Buy the Kaabo Mantis Pro
- The Kaabo Mantis Pro has an impressive maximum speed of 40mph (64km/h)
- The durable folding mechanism makes it easier to store and transport the Kaabo Mantis Pro.
- Adding to its portability, the Kaabo Mantis Pro isn't as lightweight as other electric scooters, but at 65 pounds it's still pretty easy to carry around.
- MiniMotors EY3 display shows your current speed, gear, and battery level.
- The deck lighting is a neat feature that illuminates the scooter from the front, back, and sides of the platform.
- This electric scooter features a best-in-class hydraulic braking system.
- The anti-lock braking system (ABS), together with the brakes, means you don't have to worry about the wheels locking up and throwing you off the scooter when you come to a sudden stop.
- Cruise control on the Mantis Pro allows you to stay at a constant speed without having to hold down the throttle.
- With the front and rear spring arm suspension, even some of the more treacherous terrains feel like smooth rides.
- The Kaabo Mantis Pro will ride for over 45 miles on a single charge.
5 Reasons Not to Buy the Kaabo Mantis Pro
- This electric scooter isn't waterproof (It doesn't have an IP rating)
- Mudguard on the rear tire isn't super effective, leaving you susceptible to mud sprays if you ride through mud or puddles.
- The Kaabo Mantis Pro doesn't come with a locking mechanism for security purposes -- you'll have to purchase one separately.
- The Kaabo Mantis Pro doesn't have a headlight. You will need to purchase one separately to ride safely at night.
- The LG battery can take as long as 13 to 16 hours to fully charge.
Reviews of the Kaabo Mantis Pro