Average Expert Score
10 Reasons to Buy the Hiboy Nex5 eScooter
- LED dashboard.
- Detachable battery with a dual charging system included. You can charge the battery separately from the scooter or charge the entire scooter without removing the battery.
- Easily folds in less than 3 seconds.
- Double braking system for precise stopping and safety.
- Headlights are bright and easy to see in the dark, easily illuminating your own path while making you visible to other riders and vehicles.
- Long range of 34 miles on a single charge.
- Compatible with the Hiboy smartphone app for additional information about your scooter.
- Relatively lightweight for an e-scooter.
- 350 Watt motor can easily tackle most urban commuting.
- Unique and artistic design.
3 Reasons Not to Buy the Hiboy Nex5
- While not specific to the Nex5 model, Hiboy struggles with manufacturing hiccups across all of its scooters. Most of their products are fine but some have issues like misaligned parts or stuck batteries that really should be solved before leaving the production line.
- Slow acceleration.
- The kickstand is not optimally placed and easy to reach, you'll probably have to dismount it entirely to use it.
The HiBoy Nex5 is a powerful addition to the Nex scooter line. Boasting a higher range and faster speed, for the same value Hiboy is known for, is a good draw to the brand. Comparably priced to its main competitor, Ninebot, the Nex5 is worth a try for cost-conscious consumers.