NIU – KQi2 Pro
13 Reasons to Purchase the NIU KQi2 Pro
- NIU has a warranty for 2 years, covering all the most expensive parts including the scooter’s motor and battery. You often get a maximum 1-year warranty (often 6 months only on the battery) with similarly priced models.
- There’s exceptional water protection – rain is of no concern.
- Like most e-scooters, the NIU KQi2 Pro doesn’t have suspension. However, the 10” pneumatic tires help to absorb any bumps or potholes. The tires are also impervious to pinch-flats, which are the leading cause of flat tires.
- The KQi2 Pro offers a very linear throttle progression – there is no startling jump from “off” to “on.” You can modulate the throttle to get a similar effect of a mid-range torque.
- The entirety of the scooter is quite solid, with no fear of it snapping or catching on even pavement. Reliable brakes add comfort and prevent the maximum speed of ~16.3 mph from feeling risky or dangerous.
- The price point is pretty unbelievable for the build quality, ease of use, warranty, and sleek design. You probably won’t find a better e-scooter or electric bike at this price point of $500-$600.
- The kickstand is easy to kick down and fold away, and gives the scooter a good lean shape.
- There’s plenty of customization right out of the box, including being able to replace the pre-installed grip tape (also a great feature!)
- The KQi2 Pro offers an adjustable headlight with a halo light that can remain on at night, which allows the rider to always be visible for added safety.
- The dashboard with an on-board app is incredibly sleek and easy to use, better than any compatible ones at this price with an easy-to-read monitor (even in sunlight.)
- The KQi2 maintains the ride quality and experience of a much more expensive e-scooter or e-bike. Implementing all their resources and experience, NIU has made a scooter that feels sturdy, stable, and completely wobble-free. This leads to a much lower risk of crashing once your hands are off the handlebars.
- A 75mm drum brake up front along with a strong regenerative brake in the rear outperforms every other e-scooter in this price class when it comes to braking.
- The e-scooter offers a variety of modes: Sport, Pedestrian, Custom, or E-Save to help you toggle the speed.
4 Reasons to Not Purchase the NIU KQi2 Pro
- At over 40 lbs. with non-folding handlebars, the portability on this e-scooter is not the best, especially if you have to carry it up stairs or long distance for a recharge. That being said, it can still easily fit into a trunk or enclosed space for storage.
- Acceleration is smooth, but nothing to write home about: totally on par with other models in this class and price point.
- The KQi2 doesn’t offer a cushioning system, but this also may just be impossible to find at this price point.
- While NIU states that the KQi2 Pro is capable of covering 45 km of road on a single charge, this isn’t the case with more difficult terrain or larger drivers.
The NIU’s KQi2 Pro is more than a short-distance e-scooter capable of commuting around the neighborhood. This is not the same experience as riding your kid’s hard-wheel Razor scooter in the slightest. With the accompanying NIU smartphone app, you can fine-tune the details of maximum speed, stability, and regen to your preferences. Shuttling yourself around the neighborhood from point A to point B, running daily errands, and following your kids around on their bikes has never been easier than with the NIU e-scooter. While the KQi2 Pro won’t entirely replace the functionality of your car or vehicle, the e-scooter can reduce the reliance on a car for smaller daily tasks or city commuting, offering an effective e-mobility solution.