Updated: September, 2023
If you're in the market for an electric three-wheeler, look no further than the RadTrike from Rad Power Bikes. As the largest e-bike company in North America, Rad Power Bikes brings their expertise to create a trike that is accessible and versatile for a wide range of riders. One of the standout features of the RadTrike is its 5-level Pedal Assist System (PAS) and on-demand throttle. This allows riders to choose the level of assistance they need and easily switch between pedal power and electric power. Whether you want a little boost or full electric power, the RadTrike has you covered. Maintenance and operation are made simple with the single-speed gearing, rear coaster brake, and front wheel disc brake. These features not only provide peace of mind but also make it easy for riders to navigate and maintain their trike. The RadTrike is designed with rider comfort in mind. The generous step-thru frame and incorporated parking brake create a seamless on-and-off experience. The large ergonomic saddle with a backrest and sweeping handlebars allow riders to find a comfortable position that works for them. With a steel frame, the RadTrike can support a total payload capacity of 415 lbs. This not only means it can handle heavy loads but also absorbs bumps in the road for a smooth and comfortable ride. Navigating tight situations is a breeze with the RadTrike. It is designed to fit through most exterior doorways and features a simple reverse mode for easy maneuverability. And when it's time to travel or store the trike, it can be easily folded to fit into a vehicle or stored without taking up too much space. Personalization is also a key feature of the RadTrike. The built-in rear rack and front rack mounts are compatible with the Rad Power Bikes line of baskets and accessories, allowing riders to customize their trike to their preferences. While the RadTrike has received positive reviews for its accessibility and user-friendly features, it's worth noting that some users found it took some time to get used to the trike and others did not find the seat comfortable. Additionally, while it is less expensive than some options on the market, there are cheaper alternatives available. Overall, the RadTrike is a solid choice for those looking for an electric three-wheeler. With its range of features, comfortable design, and versatility, it's a trike that can accommodate a wide range of riders, especially older riders who may need the stability of three wheels. And with Rad Power Bikes' reputation as the largest seller of electric bikes in North America, you can purchase the RadTrike with confidence.
Expert ReviewsRead Reviews >
8 Reasons to Buy the RadTrike
- RadTrike features a 5-level Pedal Assist System (PAS) and an on-demand throttle.
- The single-speed gearing, rear coaster brake, and front wheel disc brake simplify maintenance and operation for added peace of mind.
- The generous step-thru frame and incorporated parking brake create a seamless on-and-off experience.
- A large ergonomic saddle with a backrest and a sweeping handlebar allow riders to settle into a position that works for them.
- The RadTrike’s steel frame results in a 415 lb total payload capacity and absorbs bumps in the road for maximum ride comfort.
- It was designed to fit through most exterior doorways and features a simple reverse mode, so riders can easily navigate tight situations.
- When traveling, it can be easily folded to fit into a vehicle or stored without taking up too much space.
- The built-in rear rack and front rack mounts are compatible with the Rad Power Bikes line of baskets and accessories for full personalization
3 Reasons Not to Buy the RadTrike
- Like any trike it takes time to get used to it
- Some people say the seat is uncomfortable
- While less expensive than a good portion of the market there are cheaper alternatives out there.
If you are in the market for a trike and you want one that is from an established brand name and at a fair price, the RadTrike could be the one for you.
Reviews of the RadTrike
Subscribe to Ride Review
Sign up for free for the Ride Review Newsletter - the world's largest newsletter about small electric vehicles - and have chances to win our electric bike and scooter giveaways. Trusted by over 60,000 riders around the world.No, thank you.