11 Reasons to Buy the SONDORS Rockstar eBike
- SONDORS Rockstar combines the style of a comfortable cruiser with the feel of a powerful mountain bike.
- The SONDORS Rockstar is tough as nails. It can take a four-and-a-half-foot drop and still go strong.
- The knobby Maxxis tires are designed to roll over obstacles like rocks, roots, and bumps without losing traction.
- The Rockstar features a premium ergonomic gel seat designed for all-day riding comfort.
- The 11-speed drivetrain is powered by a powerful Bafang Ultra mid-drive motor that provides great hill-climbing power.
- The Rockstar is equipped with an Intelligent Torque Limiting Gear Sensor (ITGS) to prevent over-revving and maintain your desired speed.
- The thumb throttle lets you accelerate at a moment's notice – even when you're in the middle of an uphill climb.
- The Rockstar's rear suspension offers great comfort and control, making it easy to handle on rough terrain.
- It includes a 3A smart charger for fast, efficient charging.
- The compact display is easy to see even in direct sunlight.
- The Rockstar is available in three colors: yellow, matte black, and slate.
5 Reasons Not to Buy the SONDORS Rockstar eBike
- The e-bike produces an audible rattling sound when ridden off-road.
- The Tektro hydraulic disc brakes aren't powerful and durable for long-term use. The Rockstar needs four-piston calipers for better stopping power and longevity.
- The front shocks can be a little stiff if you're not used to them.
- This e-bike needs some upgrades and customization for a flawless riding experience.
- It’s not foldable.
The SONDORS Rockstar isn’t going to replace your high-end, custom electric mountain bike. And honestly, it doesn’t even try to. It’s a limited mountain bike, and great for what it is. It does what you’d expect, but be realistic about your expectations before buying and be prepared for the possibility of needing to upgrade and customize.