Cube Elly Cruise Hybrid
10 Reasons to Purchase the Cube Elly Cruise Hybrid
- The kickstand is positioned well on the frame of the bike, near the back, which means you won’t face pedal lock. The stand itself can also be adjusted.
- You can always upgrade the battery pack from the 400 to the 500, depending on if you’re purchasing the lower tier model (400.)
- The Bosch PowerPack can also be charged on or completely off the bike as well.
- The Bosch motor means the e-bike offers shift detection, which, as always, will help to reduce drivetrain wear/damage.
- The spokes + rims use reinforced eyelets so they can handle being ridden for longer periods of time without taking damage.
- The bike features hydraulic brakes like the other Cube electric bikes. In this case, they are rim brakes instead of disc.
- Riding on the Cube Elly Cruise Hybrid is comfortable. The sprung saddle helps cushion bumpy roads, while angled stem and swept back handlebar mean you don’t have to tilt forward super far.
- It’s very easy to strap on luggage or cargo via the mounted platform on the rear rack.
- Riders can go for night rides with fenders + 2 LEDs in the rear, and a very visible headlight.
- It has a more intuitive system compared to traditional trigger shifters: the half-grip twist shifter will have a little window to inform you of what gear you’re in.
4 Reasons to Not Purchase the Cube Elly Cruise Hybrid
- Bosch Purion display is not descriptive or in-depth in terms of the readings it offers riders.
- Maximum pedal cadence from the Active Line motor is ~100 RPM vs. a comparable ~120 RPM with the Performance Line motors. This means you will have to actively switch gears to reach the 20 mph listed, as opposed to just pedaling faster.
- The suspension fork is heavier, and gives more encumbrance than air suspension. The headlight should have also been placed higher up at the handlebar, as opposed to the fork arch.
- A 2 AMP charger comes with the bike, in comparison to the much faster 4 AMP charger. The charge port cover is also a tad finicky with durability.
Not a lot to complain about with this bike – despite the weaker battery pack, smaller Purion display, and Active Line Cruise motor, it is still fully functional and smooth as a laid-back city bike. Every feature of the bike looks beautiful and well put-together, and functions well. Ultimately, this Cube Elly Cruise Hybrid does what it advertises and with a certain degree of smoothness.