Cube - Touring Hybrid
10 Reasons to Purchase the Cube Supreme Sport Hybrid ONE
- The Intuvia is one of the larger display panels offered and is removable, unlike other models like the Purion.
- The micro-USB port also allows you to connect a smartphone for GPS utility, and the display overall is extremely intuitive and full of details not present in smaller models.
- Shifting gears is comfortable, with the trigger shifters on the right side of the handlebar.
- The frame is available in different sizes and configurations to accommodate any size of person – the step-thru provides the easiest mount, with the high-step providing the most overall strength.
- Both the front and back wheels connect to the frame with a quick-release feature for easier maintenance or replacement.
- The Schwalbe Marathon GT tires also offer some utility against puncture and are sturdy, high-quality tires.
- The larger 180mm front rotor for stronger utility allows riders faced with steeper inclines or a big amount of cargo more stopping power.
- The hydraulic disc brakes are always a huge plus and tend to require much less effort.
- It is one of the lighter bikes in the Cube line, weighing in around 52 LBS, including all the accessories and features it comes with. This is likely due to the air suspension vs. spring.
- There is a huge focus on comfort level with ergonomic grips, adjustable air suspension fork, and gel saddle.
3 Reasons to Not Purchase the Cube Supreme Sport Hybrid ONE
- Comes with the much slower 2 AMP charger vs. the 4 AMP charger from Bosch. It does work sufficiently given the lower power PowerPack 400 on this model.
- Active Line Plus motor isn’t as powerful as other motors within the Bosch line-up: it only provides support for a pedal cadence of about 105 RPM, compared to the much higher Performance Line motors. This means you’ll need to shift gears more to reach ‘top’ speeds.
- The charging port on the frame is low on the left hand side, and in the way of the crank arm - which has a tendency to catch and snag the charging cable.
The Cube Touring Hybrid is a complete touring electric bicycle with three different frame styles to help optimize performance and ease of use – these include high-step, mid-step, and step-thru. This Cube is extremely well balanced as a bicycle with a low, balanced center weight. The overall components of this e-bike consist of powerful hydraulic disc brakes, good kickstand, ergonomic grips, adjustable air suspension fork, large and intuitive display, and Bosch Active Line Plus motor. This bike is an all around good choice for those looking for a touring bike, or one for regular city/commute use.