Cube - Reaction Hybrid Performance
10 Reasons to Purchase the Cube Reaction Hybrid Performance
- The Performance Line Cruise motor isn’t as powerful as the CX, but trades that in exchange for a quieter motor and improved efficiency on the road.
- The fenders used on this model are custom designed to fit firmly and perform quietly. Even in off-road performances or mountain terrain, they protect well, while being lighter and more durable.
- The bike features excellent weight distribution across the entire bike: low and centered.
- Great rims help reduce risks of damage/cracking.
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes are easy to use with just one finger, with adjustable reach and increased advantage for stopping the larger 29” wheels.
- It’s fairly uncommon to see this style of bike with a kickstand, but it helps pivot the bike into an urban/light trail style bike with the addition of fenders and lights.
- The battery pack is well hidden and enclosed properly in the downtube. The battery pack can always be charged on/off the bike.
- Cube accessories like the rear rack can be attached to the rear fender easily, while still allowing for the saddle to go all the way down without colliding.
- Clutter of wires and battery pack are entirely hidden; the bike has a super sleek design and a purpose-built frame.
- There is a comprehensive two year warranty via Cube, with a five year warranty on the frame.
5 Reasons to Not Purchase the Cube Reaction Hybrid Performance
- Suspension fork is an exceedingly basic design coil with very limited ability to adjust.
- Left-chain mounted Bosch speed reader + spoke magnet, which means it can get hit out of position more easily.
- Bike comes with the most basic Bosch “Purion” display, which lacks many features of the larger and more useful Bosch displays. Intuivia and Nyon offer many more read-outs, features, and utility.
- Headlight mounted to the suspension arch means less visibility for cars.
- Alivio trigger shifter requires that you use your pointer finger to pull on the lever in comparison to using your thumb to push down on it.
The Cube Reaction Hybrid Performance is among the best values if you’re looking for a high-quality, mid-drive, multi-purpose electric bike on the market without breaking the bank. While other electric bikes within the same price range may offer e-MTB functionality, the Cube Reaction Hybrid Performance boasts the Bosch Performance Line Cruise – one of the better motors for electric bikes. Despite being slightly less of a force than the Performance Line CX, this model is much more quiet and efficient. It maintains proper shift detection and is responsive to pedal input. As the chainring can also cycle backwards, you’ll have a much easier time with maintenance. Given its high-specs affordability, we couldn’t recommend the Cube Reaction Hybrid Performance more – just try to opt for the “500” model with the upgraded battery pack.