Cube - The Nuride Hybrid Performance 625
10 Reasons to Purchase the Cube Nuride Performance Hybrid 625
- Slightly more affordable than the Kathmandu SLT 750 model, and other similar models within the CUBE line from 2020-2022.
- Tires are Schwalbe Lancruiser 700x55c, which are puncture resistant and support rides across packed dirt, gravel, and off-road trails.
- Shimano hydraulic brakes BR-MT200 work exceptionally well. They are supportive and sturdy, with a reliable history of use among riders.
- 625Wh battery (Bosch PowerTube) can provide long battery life across ~100 miles, and is particularly attractive for those looking for a touring bike or endurance bike.
- e-MTB mode is an attractive feature that you can select via display that dynamically adjusts support and allows for more power, performance.
- Extended Boost on uphill trajectories or steep pathways helps to give riders the extra strength they need for more difficult riding, or for those encumbered with plenty of cargo.
- Enough gear range for moderate off-road performance, mountain trails, and packed gravel/dirt with the 11-36 cassette.
- The fitted rims are Shimano HB-TX505, which means they have a quick release and are incredibly easy to take care of.
- Aluminum alloy helps keep the frame light, and despite all the features included with this E-bike, the total weight is only around ~53 lbs, several pounds lighter than plenty of comparable models.
- Step-thru option allows for easy, fast, and secure quick-mounting.
3 Reasons to Not Purchase the Cube Nuride Performance Hybrid 625
- Cheaper construction and components than other Cube models geared for off-road or all-terrain performance – but that does come at the benefit of slightly reduced cost.
- Doesn’t really bring anything “new” to the table in terms of a Performance Hybrid from Cube. You could always opt for an older model for a lower cost.
- Depending on the model you purchase, you may feel as though a higher 11 or 12-speed is required. This depends entirely on your level of use, and where you’ll be riding the bike.
The CUBE Nuride Performance Hybrid sadly doesn’t really seem to offer anything new that you cannot find for a more affordable price point with different CUBE models. They utilize an older frame, and the only big jump is the newer performance line motor with the latest firmware update. That all being said, the price point is still decent for a CUBE bike of this quality and stature, and there aren’t any glaring defects that make this a ‘bad’ bike. Traditional riders and off-road riders will get plenty of use out of it – we just advise looking around for other options first.