Cube 20" Compact Sport Hybrid
10 Reasons to Purchase the CUBE 20” Compact Sport Hybrid
- Fenders are attached well to the bike and don’t rattle over bumpy terrain, or while riding fast.
- Despite being only available in a single frame sizing, both taller and shorter riders are accommodated with the adjustable angle stem, and telescoping height steer post.
- The stem, the seat clamp, and both wheels offer a quick release mechanism that can make assembling it much easier, as well as performing any sort of maintenance.
- PowerPack 500 is the highest power this Bosch battery pack is offered in, that still manages to be lightweight. The motor will also use more electricity from the higher power setup, so having the 500 v. the 400 does make a difference in terms of prolonging life.
- Shimano Deore trigger shifters offer two-way action on the higher lever.
- While the bike is still heavy at around approximately 50 lbs, the weight is positioned across the bike well, resting mostly in the center.
- The bike has no drag when you’re pedaling unassisted or over approx. 20 mph.
- Despite the default torque being 65nm-75nm, this can be upgraded to 85nm from a software update.
- It has shorter cranks for limiting or reducing the possibility of pedal strike when leaning into turns.
- Shimano ZEE derailleur 10-speed drivetrain is built for off-road, all-terrain, and heavy duty use.
4 Reasons to Not Purchase the CUBE 20” Compact Sport Hybrid
- At a much higher price point when compared to other brand offerings for compact electric bikes, the CUBE may be out of range for many occasional riders. The increased quality of the parts does account for this – however, they may be unnecessary in a model such as this one.
- Despite the high capacity Bosch PowerPack 500 battery being used for this model, CUBE specifically includes the slower 2 AMP charger compared to the 4 AMP. This means a much longer recharge/refill.
- As a lower e-bike with fenders, it can be difficult to mount on vehicle racks. You may have to use bungee cords or a crossbar adaptor.
- It has the most basic Bosch display panel: it doesn’t indicate average speed, clock, maximum speed, or other readouts provided on more comprehensive display panels. It is also not compatible with Bosch Connected phone apps, and cannot be removed.
The CUBE 20” Compact Sport Hybrid may not do anything ‘new’ with the compact e-bike, but this bike is extremely well-made like the rest of the line, offering an extremely powerful motor and battery in a compact package. With a wide range of utility, those looking for an e-bike that won’t take up a ton of space can easily traverse all types of terrain on a daily basis with this option from CUBE. Smooth to pedal and easy to use, we definitely recommend the CUBE Compact Sport Hybrid for urban dwellers or those commuting.