Cube Cargo Sport Hybrid
10 Reasons to Purchase the Cube Sport Cargo Hybrid
- The two wheel set-up is quite stable and provides easier utility for the bike to fit through doorways and be stored more easily.
- With the box element up front, the rider can easily see cargo or their kids while riding.
- As an aluminum alloy based frame, the bike is very light for its style, despite being sturdy. The aluminum alloy also protects against rust damage when scratched.
- Given the lower payload and center of gravity, the weight of the bike is evenly distributed and handles with a great level of stability on turns.
- The Bosch 4 AMP E-bike charger that comes with the Sport Cargo is fast, and charges fully within 3-4 hours.
- Reliable, durable, and proven 10-speed Shimano Deore derailleur has great trigger shifters and Bosch motor controller for shift detection, reducing strain.
- 4th Gen Bosch Cargo Line motor is extremely powerful, with 85Nm of torque offered.
- The bike is exceptionally safe, given that everything from wheel speed to pedal cadence is measured upwards of 1,000 times per second by the system.
- The box area is very comfortable, and offers 3-point safety belts.
- The touch points feel sporty but aren’t as aggressive as mountain bike pedals or locking grips.
4 Reasons to Not Purchase the Cube Sport Cargo Hybrid
- Different size rear and front tires means more of a hassle when purchasing replacement parts.
- The Sport Hybrid is quite expensive, even if you opt for the Cargo Sport model: it’s around $6,000-$7,000 without accounting for any accessories like the child seat.
- Despite being a full-fledged cargo bike, it’s still heavy, at 100 lbs.
- Shimano Deore 10-speed cassette can’t be shifted at a standstill and is more prone to damage.
The Cube Sport Cargo Hybrid is a cargo e-bike geared towards everyday use – groceries, taking children to and from school, or handling workloads and commutes with cargo. With a maximum output of 85Nm torque (continuous rated power of 250 watts) from their Gen 4 motor, the Cube offers enough power for the largest day-to-day commuting tasks. This is all structured with a low payload to maintain a lower center of gravity and ~60kg of capacity inside the box. With a speedy battery charging time (under 4 hours), all-around great utility, power components, and thoughtful design, the Cube Cargo Hybrid is an excellent option for families.