Cube - The Supreme Sport Hybrid ONE 400
Average Expert Score
10 Reasons to Purchase the Cube Supreme Sport Hybrid ONE
- Better cooling via hydraulic disc brakes, which are always superior to mechanical. In this model, Cube is using 180mm rotors front + rear to accommodate for the larger 28” wheels.
- Quality drivetrain. Despite only being 9-speed, the Shimano on this model is lightweight, durable, reliable, and perfectly adequate for whatever daily biking needs you have.
- Able to charge the battery on/off the bike, and the 4 AMP charger can help with a super speedy charge.
- 36 spoke v. 32 spoke set-up helps with the balance and strength of the model – especially given that this is a heavier bike.
- Available in four frame sizes.
- Wider seat tube compared to other Cube models that can support a wider seat post. This can contribute to improved frame strength.
- Proper weight distribution, where the battery and motor are both at the center of the frame. All protected by the black shield cover.
- Chainring does not produce any sort of drag when riding unassisted + allows for shift detection to prevent wear on the drivetrain.
- Headlight and rear light are both good quality, with the rear light built into the fender itself.
- Bosch Performance Line Cruise motor allows for some of the highest power output you’ll see from the Bosch line, and this e-bike accommodates the enhanced motor well.
4 Reasons to Not Purchase the Cube Supreme Sport Hybrid ONE
- Headlight mounted to the arch of the suspension fork, meaning it can bounce in this position as it is unsprung compared to if it were mounted on the handlebar or stem for improved visibility.
- As this comes with the powerful Bosch Performance Line motor, it does use much more power – and this model comes with the PowerTube 400 which is the lowest capacity battery. Of course, this can always be upgraded later.
- The Purion interface is not removable and does not indicate max speed, average speed, power output, clock, or shifting recommendation. It is also pretty small, with a very limited readout. It cannot charge smartphones, connect to them, and is not compatible with the smartphone app for Bosch.
- Kickstand position has a tendency to block the left crank arm if you back up or spin the crank backwards; “pedal lock.”
The Cube Supreme Sport Hybrid ONE 400 is an easy-to-maneuver and approachable stand-thru e-bike with all the bells & whistles. Comfortable design and reliable 9-speed cassette make this model optimal for commuting around cities, or for more relaxed neighborhood riding. At the cost of slightly reduced range and increased noise, you get a higher torque and more pedal cadence support that is noticeable. The Bosch Performance Line Cruise motor is generally quiet though, and offers more support compared to the Active Line. Given some other basic feature drawbacks, like the PowerTube 400 (lowest battery capacity from Bosch) and extremely basic suspension form – this model works best for a non-professional, more recreational rider or commuter.